One thing most people do not realise is that they are actually putting a lot of stress on themselves. Here are a few that I myself am facing or see people actually facing:
1. Fake friends. I realise I have a lot of fake friends around me. They could be asking me for a meet up session only to end it with asking me to lend them money. I’m glad I have not done it, otherwise I would just be waiting and most of the time I realise many of these people have borrowed money from someone else only ending up with the same excuse; I got into an accident, I don’t have that much money, I got a lot of commitments, I need some time, I’ll call you back. For those of you out there, here’s a piece of advice; don’t do it! Be it lend people money or borrow money from people. It does ruin the relationship especially when money is involved.
2. Overloading ourselves with work. This is a common problem with everyone. Work will be a never ending process. Sometimes we’ve got to learn to let go. For those of you with families, don’t regret what happens later in life because you may just be missing out an important part of the memories during you OT hours.
3. Setting a goal that is too high. It’s not bad to have goals in life. But in reality it is important to learn that nothing comes easy. I’ve realise that there are so many people think that graduating as a degree or masters holder would lead them to a gracious pay above the average income. There seems to be a majority that do not seem to be interested in jobs that have a lower pay below their expectations. Take jobs that fit well with you, a new company or environment can teach you a lot of things. Don’t set your goal to be earning an average of 10K per month when you have NO experience in the work field. Be realistic as this world would not forgive you for being naive. You have perhaps seen the things people would need to do to achieve such income, but have you seen the lows that people faced while trying to achieve such goals? I remember vaguely that even Wong Fu Productions saying in one of their videos saying that they had to live on paycheck to paycheck (or something like that) just to pay for their rents and utility bills.
4. Learn to forgive and learn. Why do I say this? I believe that holding bad memories would greatly influence a person’s learning curve. Some people hold grudges that it would hold them back into growing something more. Learn to let go or you will be restricted to the walls you build on your own. It’s important to also learn that there are endless things that we are capable of. Learn to accept what the world offers and you may just be on your way to creating a place for yourself in this world.
5. Anger does not solve everything. Yes, I know that it is hard to control our temper sometimes but it is important to learn to control ourselves before everything gets out of hand. Sometimes we are blinded by our temper and it in return creates more stress for ourselves.
6. Learn to manage your spendings. There are a lot of people that do not realise that they are spending unnecessary money. There are so many people that overspend due to the use of credit cards and are even tied down to their mortgage and car loans. While living luxuriously is very tempting, always remember that it brings a short term happiness.